4/15/2015

I Decided to be AFK from Diablo 3... Unofficially

As the clan leader of Australian Gamers, which is the largest Diablo 3 clan in Australia, I decided to unofficially be AFK for a while. The reason was that I made a big mistake, but here's briefly what happened in the start of Season 3:

Day 1: Reached level 70 in 6 hours as always (could be 5 with a good team) and being able to do 2 player T6 at the end of the day with charge set.

Day 2: Being able to farm Greater Rift lv 40 with waste set at the end of the day.

Day 3: I thought one of the conquests was levelling a legendary gem to level 40, but actually it was 6 gems... Found out when I levelled bane of the trapped to 40 and was so frustrated and decided to be AFK since I feel like I should start to do something constructive, for example work overtime. 

Basically I'm hitting the bottle next in some conquests, for example:

- I won't be having enough time to level 6 gems to level 40, which may cost 2 or 3 nights.

- Gem of the hoarder only drops in vault in season 3 and I don't have time to farm for it, so no 50M gold conquest. It can be painful to try to look for the vault and may take 2-3 nights to complete.

- I've completed GRift 40 with IK and charge sets, but tried several times with charge/IK + earth and failed, and I don't have time to build another class (though this would be the easiest one for me it's still going to take a whole night).

- Other conquests are even harder or impossible for a single player, and I prefer solo a lot (our clan members are quite active though it's just my personal preference).

The game is still great (much better than Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm) and it's even greater in Season 3, but I simply don't have enough time. Too bad. BTW thank you Vlad for helping manage the clan! Wish all of you the best of luck and I'll be back... Soon.

No comments: